The Sr HRM originates and leads Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide a team member-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
Korman Communities is hiring for a Senior Human Resources Manager (Sr HRM) to join our growing organization! The Sr HRM originates and leads Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide a team member-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
The Sr HRM coordinates implementation of services, policies and programs through Human Resources staff; provides guidance to the executive leadership team; and assists and advises company leaders about Human Resources issues.
- Oversees the implementation of the Human Resources programs with and through the Human Resources staff. Monitors administration to established standards and procedures. Identifies opportunities for improvement and resolves any concerns/discrepancies.
- Oversees and manages the work of direct Human Resources staff. Encourages the ongoing development of the Human Resources staff.
- Involved with selection and on-going relationship management of any Human Resources consultants, attorneys, and training specialists. Coordinates company use of insurance brokers, insurance carriers, pension administrators and other outside sources.
- Conducts a continuing study of all Human Resources policies, programs and practices to keep leadership informed of new developments.
- Leads the development of department goals, objectives and systems.
- Establishes departmental and brand/division measurements that support the accomplishment of the company’s strategic goals.
- Directs the preparation and maintenance of necessary reports to carry out the functions of the department. Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal accomplishment.
- Manages the development and maintenance of the Human Resources section of the IT Portal, SharePoint, and all external sites sharing company-specific information related to HR/Recruitment.
- Utilizes Human Resources Information Software (HRIS) to the company’s recordkeeping and management advantage.
- Leads the implementation of the performance management system that includes performance development plans and team member development programs.
- Assists managers with the selection and contracting of external training programs and consultants.
- Evaluates opportunities to develop/refine internship and mentorship programs.
- Formulates and recommends Human Resources policies and objectives for the company with regard to Team Member relations.
- Partners with leadership to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, programs and laws.
- Determines and recommends team member relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-team member relationship and promote a high level of team member morale and motivation.
- Conducts investigations when team member complaints or concerns are brought forth; follows through to the resolution phase to ensure proper close-out and documentation of all investigations.
- Monitors and advises leaders in the progressive discipline system of the company. Monitors the implementation of a performance improvement process with non-performing team members.
- Reviews, guides and approves leader recommendations for employment terminations.
- Leads the implementation of company safety and health programs. Monitors the tracking of OSHA-required data and Workers’ Compensation claims.
- Determines and recommends union team member relation practices; interprets union contract; and lends support through grievance process.
- With the assistance of the executive team, obtains cost-effective, team member-service benefits; monitors national benefits environment for options and cost savings.
- Leads the development of benefit orientations and other benefits training.
- Recommends changes in benefits offered.
- Leads company compliance with all existing governmental and labor legal and government reporting requirements include any related to the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the Department of Labor, workers compensation, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and so forth. Maintains minimal company exposure to lawsuits.
- Directs the preparation of information requires or required for compliance with laws. Approves all information submitted. Serves as the primary contact with the company employment attorney and outside government agencies.
- Protects the interest of the team members and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations.
- Leads company’s Harassment Training initiatives.
- BA/BS in Management, Human Resources, Organizational Psychology or related field.
- 8-10 years’ progressive HR experience.
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification
- Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organizational development, team member relations, safety and training & development.
- High ethical standards and a strong sense of confidentiality
- Prioritizes and manages multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote)
- Displays solid problem solving and interpersonal skills; works well in a team environment
- Uses clear and professional communication, both verbal and written
- Ability to maintain positive and professional relationship with team members at all levels of the organization
- Ability to travel up to 30% overnight
- MBA in Management, Human Resources, Organizational Psychology or related field
- Experience with Ceridian Dayforce HCM
- SHRM CA Employment Law Micro-credential
- CEBS Certification
- Prior hospitality industry experience
- Ability to speak, read, write Spanish
About Korman Communities
Built on a sound foundation of family values forged over a century ago, Korman Communities carries forward a name synonymous with integrity, market savvy, and proven performance in the real estate development, investment and operations arenas. Korman's reputation reflects four generations of dedication and business acumen, resulting in the construction of more than 40,000 single family homes, 6,000 condominiums, 16,000 apartments and townhouses, 4,000 hotel suites, and 2,000,000 square feet of commercial space.
Korman's original furnished apartment concept, conceived of fifty years ago – short-term, furnished apartments in a traditional multi-family residential setting – has evolved to an innovative residential hybrid for travelers and discerning business persons seeking flexible-stay furnished residences.
Today Korman Communities is a fully integrated, multi-dimensional real estate company with development, management, legal and financial capabilities operating throughout the United States. The portfolio is comprised of 20 properties under two brands – AVE suburban garden-style and mid-rise communities, and AKA urban high-rises in prime locations.