AVE by Korman Communities is currently seeking an experienced Landscaper Assistant for our flexible-stay community.
AVE is experiencing rapid growth with acquisitions and new constructions in New Jersey, the Greater Philadelphia Area, and the East Bay Area of California. We are looking for A+ players who want to grow with us.
We are a brand that commits to its team members. If you are a driven professional who embraces our values and promotes and drives our standards of excellence, you will achieve success and grow within our organization.
An AVE community is not your typical rental community. We specialize in flexible-stay accommodations that offer a unique lifestyle for business travelers, chic renters, and those whose life is in transition. We offer fully furnished corporate suites and unfurnished rental residences with unparalleled business and resort amenities and Resident Services.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Follow AVE standard operating processes and procedures.
- Approach daily responsibilities with a positive attitude.
- Snow Removal – responsible for making sure property is always clear and accessible during snow falls.
- Landscape or maintain grounds of property using hand or power tools or equipment.
- Perform a variety of tasks, which may include any combination of the following: planting, watering, fertilizing, digging, raking, installing/servicing irrigation systems.
- Care for established lawns by mulching, aerating, weeding, grubbing and removing thatch, and trimming and edging around flower beds, walks, and walls.
- Mix and spray or spread fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides onto grass, shrubs, and trees, using hand or automatic sprayers or spreaders.
- Plant seeds, bulbs, foliage, flowering plants, grass, ground covers, trees, and shrubs, and apply mulch for protection, using gardening tools.
- Follow planned landscaping designs to determine where to lay sod, sow grass, or plant flowers and foliage.
- Maintain irrigation systems, including winterizing the systems and starting them up in spring.
- Prune and trim trees, shrubs, and hedges, using shears, pruners, or chain saws.
- Minimum of one to two years of landscaping experience.
- Lift up to 75 lbs., bending, stretching.
- Exposure to outside elements.
- Standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills.
- Demonstrated energetic, self-motivating and "can do" attitude.
- Must approach the property and business on a daily basis with the highest level of professionalism at all times.
AVE is a division of Korman Communities. For more than 100 years, our fourth-generation, family-owned-and-operated company has been providing seamless living, exceptional service, and unparalleled amenities at our sophisticated communities. We recognize our most important asset is our team members. We provide the opportunity to achieve success and excel within our continuously expanding company. We commit to team members who embrace our values and promote our reputation for excellence.
- A competitive hourly rate plus incentive package.
- A comprehensive benefits package including PTO, medical, vision, dental, and 401k.
- A fun, positive work environment.
- Growth opportunities. We’re growing and you’ll grow with us, if you prove to be a valuable member of our team.