We are looking for a team player that is a hands-on technician and thrives on a fast-paced and diversified operation.
AVE is experiencing rapid growth with acquisitions and new constructions in New Jersey, the Greater Philadelphia Area, the East Bay Area of California, and beyond. We are looking for A+ players who want to grow with us.
We are a brand that commits to its team members. If you are a driven professional who embraces our values and promotes and drives our standards of excellence, you will achieve success and grow within our organization.
An AVE community is not your typical rental community. We specialize in flexible-stay accommodations that offer a unique lifestyle for business travelers, chic renters, and those whose life is in transition. We offer fully furnished corporate suites and unfurnished rental residences with unparalleled business and resort amenities and Resident Services.
AVE by Korman Communities is currently seeking an experienced Maintenance Technician for our flexible-stay community.
We are looking for a team player that is a hands-on technician and thrives on a fast-paced and diversified operation. This important team member must approach the property and business on a daily basis with a professional and positive attitude at all times.
• Follow AVE standard operating processes and procedures
• Perform various maintenance functions including but not limited to: painting, caulking, HVAC repairs, lock repairs, window/door repairs, electrical repairs, appliance repairs, preventative maintenance, and changing light bulbs, filters, batteries, etc.
• Complete suite make readies utilizing AVE maintenance checklist in a timely fashion. This includes but not limited to painting, caulking, carpet shampooing carpet, furniture placement, cord coordination, etc.
• Service Requests - complete residents service requests in within 24 hour period
• Assist with the organization and cleanliness of maintenance shop, remove garbage daily
• Inventory Control - communicate to Maintenance Manager when supplies are needed
• Trash removal
• Maintain, clean and organize garbage enclosures, dumpsters and/or garage compacter rooms, including deodorizing and power washing as needed or directed by manager
• Maintenance Coverage after hours - schedule/execute on call rotation among maintenance team members to ensure someone is always available to handle service requests outside of normal business hours
• Property Emergencies – responsible for emergencies that may arise outside of normal business hours. e. flood, fire, power loss, etc.
• Snow Removal – responsible to make sure property is always clear and accessible during snow falls
• 2-3 years of maintenance, construction, or related experience
• General Maintenance Skills: plumbing, electric, carpentry, and appliance repairs
• HVAC Certified is a plus
• Communicates all necessary maintenance related issues to the Maintenance Manager on a daily basis
• Approaches daily responsibilities with a positive attitude
• Maintains communication with all AVE Team members and management regarding the completion of daily services and any additional assistance required to carry out duties and responsibilities
• Treats all guests with courtesy; respond to guests needs in a timely manner; document requests when needed and report to immediately supervisor
• Understands the importance of brand standards and has mindset to exceed expectation
• Consistently maintains a professional, courteous attitude when dealing with coworkers at all times.
• Team player mentality
• Lift up to 75 lbs., bending, stretching
• Exposure to chemicals
• Standing and walking for long periods of time
• May push loaded carts on carpeted surface
The required schedule for this full-time role is Monday - Friday with an on-call rotation and snow removal assistance when needed during the winter months.
AVE is a division of Korman Communities. For more than 100 years, our fourth-generation, family-owned-and-operated company has been providing seamless living, exceptional service, and unparalleled amenities at our sophisticated communities.
We recognize our most important asset is our team members. We provide the opportunity to achieve success and excel within our continuously expanding company. We commit to team members who embrace our values and promote our reputation for excellence.
- A competitive hourly rate plus incentive package.
- A comprehensive benefits package including PTO, medical, vision, dental, and 401k.
- A fun, positive work environment.
- Growth opportunities. We’re growing and you’ll grow with us, if you prove to be a valuable member of our team.