Our brand is growing, and we are seeking hard-working and passionate top talent to grow their careers with us! If you are interested in being a pioneer with AVE as we continue to expand our portfolio of first-class residential communities and enter new markets across the country, apply today for an opportunity to join our winning team!
Korman Communities and AVE is hiring a Director, Infrastructure and Security to join our information technology team. Reporting to the COO of Korman Communities, the Director, Infrastructure and Security will devise and implement the strategic plan related to the stable, secure, and cost-effective operation of the organization's multi-site IT infrastructure. The role will require establishing cyber security and network standards, as well as leading a team of technologist through deployment of infrastructure adhering to those standards.
Korman Communities is a fully integrated, fifth-generation, 100-year-old real estate company with development, management, asset, marketing, and financial capabilities operating throughout the United States as AVE (aveliving.com) with best-in-class, multi-family residential communities. For more information, visit www.korman.com.
This will be a hybrid position based out of our Corporate Office in Plymouth Meeting, PA. Travel to all properties in the AVE portfolio nationwide as requested will be required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Recommend and manage short- and long-term initiatives designed to meet business requirements for infrastructure functionality, performance, availability, cost, and business continuity needs.
- Design and administration of server and network systems, storage solutions, virtual environments and cloud architecture, including performance monitoring.
- Organize and manage all phases of projects to ensure on-time, scope and within budget.
- Assist in creating departmental operating and capital budget.
- Guide a diverse IT team; communicate job expectations; assemble and coordinate project team members; assign individual responsibilities, planning, monitoring, measuring, and appraising job results. Shared responsibilities for team management with other IT leaders.
- Partner with the other IT leaders to ensure compliance for infrastructure related IT governance, Legal and Regulatory required policies, and procedures.
- Set strategy and establish standards and ensure compliance and accuracy for assigned technical baselines, including cloud architectures, server technologies, and communication technologies, LANs, WANs, Internet, Intranet, security, wireless implementations, and any devices connecting to, or containing data or systems for the Korman affiliated companies.
- Establish and execute strategic, comprehensive enterprise information security program directives and plans, including all information security training efforts for all Korman affiliated companies ensuring that the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information is owned, controlled or processed in a manner compliant with IT Policy and relevant regulatory authorities including but not limited to, SOX, PCI, and GDPR.
- Develop and maintain group information security policies, standards, guidelines and oversee the dissemination of security policies and practices; identify knowledge gaps to increase awareness of relevant information security practices.
- Provide leadership and guidance on information security topics, advising and collaborating on security processes, business continuity, and disaster recovery plans to all Korman affiliated companies.
- Ensure that system and application security design is in accordance with Group IT Policy; consult with other IT team members to ensure that security is factored into the evaluation, selection, installation, and configuration of hardware, applications and software.
- Lead investigations of any actual or potential information security violations and manage escalation of security events.
- Monitor external threat environment for emerging threats and advise relevant stakeholders on appropriate courses of action.
- Provide regular reporting on the current state of information security program to the COO and others senior managers as appropriate.
- Establish metrics and reporting framework to measure the efficiency, effectiveness, and maturity level of the program.
- Liaise with relevant business units (such as Internal Audit, Law, Finance, Safety & Security, Risk Management, HR teams), and external agencies as needed to ensure that the company maintains a strong security posture.
- Work with system administrators and application owners to audit, monitor and validate their environment's security, including conducting gap analysis and other comprehensive internal assessments of existing systems to improve the security infrastructure and mitigate risks.
- Provide oversight to the architecture and engineering of new security systems, including the evaluation of technical designs.
- Support technical resources and ensure they are geared towards delivering secure and safe business change at pace.
- Deploy safeguards that prevent security breaches and keep all company and guest data secure. Implement a response and recovery from all security breaches.
- Identify the need for upgrades or new products that provide assurance, as per a clear strategic plan.
- Assist in building relationships with vendors and overseeing all related IT contracts.
- Work with the COO, other IT leaders, and IT team members on delivering group strategic initiatives and standards.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university in Information Management, Computer Science, Computer Systems Engineering, or a related field.
- 4+ years of experience in Security, managing and defining strategic technical long-term roadmap
- Security Certification required.
- Multi-site experience required (Multi-Family Apartment or Hotel properties preferred).
- Proven experience as IT director or similar role with a deep knowledge in the following technical disciplines: infrastructure and network design, firewalls, load balancers, middleware, servers and storage, database management and operations, clustering technologies, VLAN/virtualization, cloud/hybrid-cloud technologies, storage area networks, DNS services, active directory and protocols, and telephone, voice, video, and data communications.
- Practical and hands-on experience creating and implementing system, database, network and security architectures.
- Experience working in internal, external and hybrid Cloud environments. Experience preferred with configuring, maintaining, and managing Microsoft Azure Cloud and Office 365.
- Understanding of Microsoft Azure Cloud and Office 365 services and concepts, implementation and administration skills.
- Demonstrated regulator and compliance audit initiatives.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with teams across the entire organization.
- Excellent leadership and decision-making skills.
- Strong documentation and project management skills.
- Experience managing a large IT budget effectively, commercially aware.
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specification.
- Excellent organizational, stakeholder and leadership skills.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Fun, positive, and collaborative work environment
- Robust training program and ongoing professional development opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits package including: PTO, medical, vision, dental, and 401k (permanent full-time roles only)
- Enjoy a special day to celebrate in your birthday month each year with paid Birthday Time Off (permanent part-time and full-time roles only)
- Opportunities to give back including: participation in AVE's regular drives and fundraisers in addition to paid Volunteer Time Off each year to volunteer with your non-profit organization of choice (permanent part-time and full-time roles only)
- A career home! Tons of potential for long-term career advancement within a rapidly expanding organization
AVE is a brand of Korman Communities, a fifth-generation, family-owned-and-operated real estate company on a mission to create raving residents! Our first-class residential communities offer flexible living solutions - fully furnished apartments for month-to-month stays and contemporary unfurnished apartments for longer lease terms.
Our communities are designed to deliver unparalleled carefree living. We have professional, friendly teams on site to provide exceptional service, complimentary, on-demand, business and resort amenities for convenience, and fun resident events to create a sense of community.
While we own and operate a growing portfolio of best-in-class residential communities nationwide, our most important asset has always been our passionate, dedicated team members. We have a lot of longevity within our team because we commit to team members who embrace our values and promote our reputation for excellence. Many decades ago, we committed ourselves to a value system called QUEST which stands for Quality, Uniqueness, Excellence, Service, and Teamwork. The "S" representing "service," has been the driving force behind everything we do: service to our team members, service to our residents, service to our clients, and service to our communities.
Visit us online at https://www.aveliving.com/careers.
CCPA/CPRA Disclosure Notice
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Korman Communities.
Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Korman Communities recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under CCPA 1798.145, pursuant to CPRA section 31 as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Korman Communities, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Korman Communities to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Korman Communities behalf. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at [email protected].
Your personal data will be retained by Korman Communities as long as Korman Communities determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the CCPA/CPRA, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted by contacting us at [email protected].